BPW NZ YOUNG BPW CONVENER
The Young BPW Convenor coordinates the activities of and provides leadership to members of BPW NZ 18 – 35 years of age. She works with the Vice President – Membership to promote BPW to younger women throughout NZ. She works with the Vice President-Issues to identify and address issues of concern to younger women.
- Promote BPW to young women throughout New Zealand
- Respond to enquiries and send out information about Young BPW membership.
- Create tools for clubs to use to attract and retain young members.
- Liaise with the Young BPW International Convener and members internationally.
- Identify issues specifically of interest to young BPW members, disseminate information and encourage Young BPW to become involved in addressing issues within their clubs.
- Maintain the Young BPW data base, undertake surveys and provide reports to the Executive as required.
- Promote member development programs to Young BPW –the BPW NZ Mentoring Program, Regional Training Days, other seminars and programs for members.
- Produce a YOUNG BPW Newsletter quarterly, or develop a similar means of communication with and between Young BPW members.
- Compile a monthly Young BPW membership item for the BPW NZ Circular
- Provide a report of Young BPW activities to the bi-monthly Executive meeting and to the annual Conference.
The Funding Convener will work closely with the Treasurer and the Marketing Convener to develop a Funding Plan and set up processes for identifying sources of funding, seeking sponsorships, and making applications for such. She will advise clubs about sponsorship and funding.
- Develop a Funding Plan for BPW NZ to reduce our dependence on dues as our sole source of income.
- Set up Processes to identify and apply for possible sources of funding and
- Sponsorship, and how these relationships should be managed for mutual advantage.
- Manage the sponsor–BPW NZ relationship, ensuring appropriate communication is maintained and recognition given for the support provided.
- Identify and provide information to clubs on alternative sources of funding and sponsorship.
- Develop guidelines and resources for clubs, and mentor those clubs wanting to seek sponsorship for programs and events.
- Promote the sharing of fund raising information and ideas between clubs
- Liaise with internal and external experts and advisers relating to sponsorship and funding.
- Ensure Funding Plan aims are achieved
The Legislation Convener works closely with the Vice President – Issues to keep a watch on government legislation. She is an adviser to the Executive on what is coming up that relates to our Aims and policy, and acts as a resource person to clubs addressing local and national issues.
- Be our political watchdog, maintaining a watch on up coming legislation and proposed policy of the current Government.
- Research background data on issues, in particular those to be submitted to select committees.
- Prepare submissions for BPW NZ and assist with writing submissions in an appropriate legal format.
- Develop guidelines for and templates of lobbying letters and submission documents for clubs, and assist those clubs wanting to make submissions to local and national government.
- Coordinate lobbying campaigns in collaboration with the Vice President-Issues as requested by Executive
- Attend select committee meetings where appropriate, and other meetings relevant to the Aims and objectives of BPW.
- Ensure that members receive information about their legal rights.
- Provide a written report on legislation activitiesto the bi-monthly Executive meeting and to the annual Conference.
The Marketing Convener will work closely with the Vice President – Membership to professionally market BPW to the public, the government and other organisations.
She provides advice to the Executive and Clubs on marketing strategies and develops promotional information.
- Develop and maintain a marketing strategy for BPW NZ
- Publicise the AIMs of BPW to other organisations and to the community.
- Establish media relationships and prepare media releases for the President
- Prepare promotional material and publications for the Executive and Clubs.
- Provide information for publication on the BPW NZ web site.
- Promote marketing activities that raise the profile of BPW in the community.
- Be a resource to clubs and assist clubs to market themselves within their own communities.
BPW NZ PROGRAM CONVENOR :
The Program Convener will work closely with the Vice President – Membership and the Marketing Convener to develop and co-ordinate BPW training and mentoring programmes, including Regional Training Days and BPW seminars. She will promote the sharing of programme information and ideas between clubs and develop resources for clubs wanting to run events and programmes.
- Co-ordinate and support national mentoring and training programs, including the Regional Training Days and other BPW seminars.
- Communicate with and provide feedback to clubs re training and mentoring.
- Promote the sharing of programme information and ideas between clubs
- Develop guidelines and resources for clubs wanting to run mentoring programs and special evens.
- Be a resource to club mentors
- Encourage members to be involved in the mentoring project
- Compile a monthly mentoring / training item for the BPW NZ Circular
- Liaise with internal and external experts and advisers relating to mentoring and training
- Ensure project aims are achieved
The Projects Convener works closely with the Membership Vice President and the Marketing Convener to –
- Create, coordinate and implement BPW projects within the aims and objectives of BPW NZ.
- Promote the image of BPW NZ through active involvement in projects that raise the public awareness of BPW locally, nationally and internationally.
- Develop and maintain a variety of project tool kits for use by clubs.
- Be a resource to clubs in selecting, organizing and implementing club projects.
- Coordinate the selection committee that selects the winners of BPW NZ Awards.
BPW NZ TECHNOLOGY CONVENOR :
The Technology Convener will work closely with the Vice President – Membership and the Marketing Convener to manage the BPW NZ web site. She will be a resource to the Executive and Clubs in the use of technology to promote BPW and support the professional development of members.
- Ensure the web site is professional, user friendly, and promotes the Aims of BPW NZ.
- Update web site information monthly and as requested by the Executive
- Promote links between the BPW web site, members web sites and the web sites of relevant external businesses and other organizations such as NGOs.
- Assist Clubs in developing and maintaining their information pages.
- Monitor the hit rate for the BPW NZ site, analyse the trends and make recommendations for any changes needed to maintain accessibility and relevance to our customer market.
- Monitor the BPWI web site and provide links from BPW NZ web site to BPW On Line and special interest items.
- Maintain the security of the BPW NZ web site
- Write a technology article for the monthly Circular.
- Provide activity reports to the bi-monthly Executive meetings and to the annual Conference.