To all BPW Clubs, Past Presidents, Executive officers and convenors
Thank you very much for voting on Conference 2011. The result was in favour of having Conference in Christchurch next year. Out of a possible 65 votes, there were 51 votes, with 38 in favour.
After the most careful consideration at the Federation Executive meeting held in Wellington on 18 September the decision was made to cancel all plans to hold our Annual Conference in Christchurch in 2011, for the following reasons:-
- With all but one Club in the North Island, it is neither financially feasible nor economically responsible to proceed.
- The only Club remaining in the South Island is unable to assist with hosting.
- Despite internship and other support being available to assist, we have been unable to progress arrangements.
- Having regard to the above it is increasingly difficult to organise the conference at a distance.
- The recent earthquake raises questions about the viability of the locality in the short term.
The Conference will now take place in Auckland at Waipuna on 2 April 2011 in the form of a one day meeting with an awards dinner. Full details will be distributed with Call to Conference in November.
We trust you will understand the reasons for our decision and we look forward to seeing you all in Auckland next year.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us:
Angela McLeod, email@example.com
Carolyn Savage firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Turner email@example.com
Faye Gardiner firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanessa Simpson email@example.com