- Identify the current situation, using as guidance the reports to the 52nd Pre-session Working Group or the session of CEDAW available at http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cedaw/cedaws52.htm
- New Zealand’s 7th periodic report
- Auckland Coalition for the Safety of Women and Children (for PSWG)
- International Disability Alliance submission (for the session)
- New Zealand Human Rights Commission (for the session)
- Pacific Women’s Watch (for PSWG) Appendix I & II
- Pacific Women’s Watch (for the session)
- International Disability Alliance submission (for PSWG)
- NCWNZ facilitated report Women experiencing discrimination (available from NCWNZ)
- What is the CEDAW Monitoring Committee’s criticism of the current situation?
- What needs to be done:
- Find out from Convener Public Issues (Beryl Anderson) which arm of government is responsible for responding the recommendation
- Contact the responsible official and let them know who you are and the process you will be following until the report is due
- Identify the information needed, eg statistics, and where it will be found, as well as reports that will provide information.
- Any media reports must be substantiated
- All reports need a proper citation (author, title, publisher, date).
- Monitor reports of the appropriate government agency, eg annual reports, Statements of Corporate Intent, media reporting, the Budget.
- Provide a regular report on progress to the Public Issues Standing Committee, including any impediments.
- Produce a draft for the next shadow reports (dates only tentative):
- Due Feb 2014 for the themes in paras 36 and 38, and the five groups
- Due Feb 2016 for the rest
New Zealand Federation of Business and Professional Women Incorporated
- RT @CarolynASavage: @YBPWI @YouTube @BPWI @NZFedBPW @hellenswales great way to celebrate the history of BPW@NZFedBPW 3 months ago
- RT @CarolynASavage: @HelenClarkNZ @phumzileunwomen @SayNO_UNiTE @UN_Women @RandiDavisUNDP @feminineupheave @kentbuse @BPWI @NZFedBPW @WEPri…@NZFedBPW 3 months ago
Recent Posts: 2Martínez