3 October 2014
BusinessNZ congratulates award winners for empowering women in the workplace.
BNZ, ASB, Westpac, Deloitte, Bell Gully and Farmers Trading Company have won White Camellia Awards for their work supporting equality in the workplace.
BNZ was winner of the supreme award, for progress in implementing UN Women’s Empowerment Principles.
BusinessNZ Chief Executive Phil O’Reilly said the awards highlighted how companies could lead through supporting diversity in the workplace.
“Companies empowering women are showing their commitment to equality in the workplace, making workplaces better for everyone.”
The Awards are for policies and action based on the UN’s Women’s Empowerment Principles:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocate
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Contact Phil O’Reilly 04 49664552 or Kathryn Asare 021 555 744
|Kathryn Asare, Communications Manager
PO Box 1925 | Level 6, Lumley House, 3-11 Hunter Street | Wellington 6001
Ph: 04 496 6555 | DDI: 04 496 6556 | Mob: 021 555 744 | Fax: 04 496 6550
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.businessnz.org.nz